This National Historic Landmark property was built between 1912 and 1915 in the Tudor Revival style by Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company co-founder Frank A. Seiberling. Now, a non-profit organization, Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens is a popular year round event destination for locals and tourists alike. The West Terrace Restoration Project included new steps, balustrades, pool copings, and carved flower urns. Special tooling was used to replicate the original surface finishes on Berea sandstone.
Indiana buff limestone and a buff granite were used to replace crumbling pre-cast concrete of the 1927-1929 Renaissance Revival construction. The coach house, main house and extensive garden replacements were custom cut, carved, turned and sculpted for this aristocratic mansion make-over by Old World Stone. The carved fountain is a focal point in the garden.
The entire stone façade of this 4 level residence was replaced with St Bees sandstone. The steps were replaced with a matching red granite. The original Superior Red sandstone had delaminated and previous repairs had failed. Site measurements and detailed shop drawings were prepared prior to stone fabrication. Extensive carving in the Queen Anne style was executed by Old World Stone and the residence is now a jewel in the streetscape.
Twin Porte-cocheres were cut from Indiana buff limestone for the rear entrance and outdoor entertaining space. The columns are 10’ high and 17” in diameter. The coffered ceiling was hung from the concrete slab above. This is a new build project.